A Successful Morning | Dealing with Early Morning Classes

Sunday, October 15, 2017



It is now mid-semester and I've been struggling with my 8 AM class so much. The struggle is so real. In an effort to be more punctual, I have been brainstorming some ideas to help myself feel motivated and happy (well as much as I can be that early) enough to focus and enjoy my early classes. Here are some tips that have helped me so far:




Prepare

Instead of struggling around the house in the mornings trying to find the right outfit, print off papers, organize my books and backpack I try to get that all done the night before. If I plan out what I am going to need and what I'm going to wear the night  before, that is one less thing to worry about in the morning when I'm sure to be grumpy and half-asleep.




Sleep

I try to go to bed earlier if at all possible. I love my sleep so I am usually not motivated or happy on a mere three or four hours of sleep. This means that I try to limit my computer usage at night since that is what usually keeps me up to all hours of the early mornings.



Eat

I usually skip breakfast each morning not because I don't like it, but because I am usually still asleep during breakfast hours. Eating breakfast each morning helps help energize me and give me the strength I need to wake up and get to class. Also, I'm usually not as grumpy after some delicious foods. Sometimes, I eat in the school cafeteria. On those days, I usually think about what I want to eat while I am getting ready the night before, that way when I wake up I have a plan and a specific meal to motivate me.

Move

So, usually when I wake up I'll do a quick five minute work-out that I found on YouTube. I love it because it is short enough to feel do-able and strenuous enough to make me feel like I'm actually exercising. I try to do this quick work-out each morning, even if it means waking up five minutes earlier than what feels comfortable. Getting up and moving my body helps me feel animated and less slugish. (Here is a link to the video).

Music

Okay so doing all these things feels a lot more possible with some music in the background. I have made some great playlists that help me feel awake and alive each morning. Sometimes I listen to pre-made playlists on Spotify and sometimes I listen to playlists I have complied myself.





I really like how useful and effective these steps are to my early-morning routine. I think that even on a late morning, they're still a great way to feel alive and happy each morning.

______________________________________

Have any suggestions to add to my list? Leave a comment below!

Samantha

You Might Also Like

0 comments